Saturday, March 22, 2008

How to use the Joy of Meditation to receive infallible Loving Guidance from your God-Self.

I had a talk with God again this morning. Amazingly, I have his 'number' - can I share it with you?

You see, I have found an effortless, easy and enjoyable way for you to have a direct line to your infinitely wise and loving God-Self.

Being privy to this infallible guidance has not only helped me in times of crisis, but it has also added a whole new dimensionality into my everyday experience. It means I can now enjoy a loving, empowered, dynamic and even ecstatic relationship with the whole of my life.


Ponder, just for moment, on the possibilities that could unfold for you in your life if you too could have free access to the undying and loving the counsel from the source of infinite wisdom.

Imagine having a loving friend you can talk to about your troubles, concerns or challenges who will never judge you, but instead eagerly and tenderly reach out and enfold you in love.

What joy, to bear your troubles to the sacred space and expansive sky of the unconditional love of your Soul!

It is an exciting expedition into the secret alleyways of the vastness of your own Being; to engage with an intimate dialogue with your sacred God-Self.

Because, my friend, your God-Self is not only the true wizard of your own consciousness, but is also privy to the great library of ALL shining truths.

And it’s my joy and delight to ease you into this mysterious connection, so that when I give you the number of God, you can dial it!

We establish this divine connection by first going into the peace, inspiration and joyous upliftment of meditation.

Now, actually, we all know how to meditate already, although we may have called it something else. For example, you may find that while you are exercising or absorbed in your creative expression that you kind of 'lose yourself' and experience deep peace and focus. Well, that's a form of meditation!

Or, whilst day dreaming or relaxing in the bath or shower, say, you have a sudden flash of inspiration, a glowing sense of aliveness that creeps upon you, infusing you with a wave of joy for no apparent reason! Well that too is arising out of your mediation.

Because meditation is simply the slowing down of the constant traffic of marauding thoughts occupying your mind, in order to automatically make room for you and your own natural beingness, aliveness and upliftment. Otherwise, this incessant flow of thoughts, such as, "You can never do that, you will never make it, you are not good enough," etc., is like a whole host of tormentors, leaving no room for the essential you.

Quieten these and you'll have made the 'connection', enabling you to be able to dial that number I'm about to give you. You can then have an instant direct-line access to the deeper and empowering love and wisdom of your God-Self, any time you like.

How do you do all that? Well, I will guide you gently into a way that will work for you.

Timing is important: choose a time when you can be open and under no pressure. Make a pact with yourself that this is your special time and ensure you have quiet undisturbed space (e.g., phones off!)

For me, I love the stillness of the morning before I start my busy day. In the quiet gentle freshness of the morning air, possibilities seem infinite and purity has already infused itself upon me, for we have not yet been touched by the demands of the day’s activity.

This gives me a daily opportunity to write my life anew. As I joyfully take a sip from my steaming cup of delicious fresh ground coffee, letting the bitter chocolate overtones play in my mouth, I sigh and savour the moment, and I invite you to join me in your own version of this meditation.

So, find your own time and place and we can now start this amazing journey together. Allow this time to be like no other for you, for we are about to start on an expedition into the galaxy of secrets of your own amazing beingness.

This is our sacred moment, our gateway into the sanctuary and serenity of our God- Self. It's time to get intimate with our Soul and seek answers and inspiration; playing with our imagination, giving free rein to our greatest dreams.

And as we bow our heads in reverence to our divine Self, we close our eyes and, taking a deep breath, we let go of all extraneous thoughts from our mind. As we focus instead on our awareness, our beingness and allow the stillness to enfold us, we are already meditating. Every time an unwanted thought arises we simply let it go and return to our place of stillness.

It is from this quiet, serene place, where we have connected with our own centre, that we then make the desire and intent to connect deeper with our God-Self, our Higher Self or whatever you feel comfortable calling it.

And so now we dial the number, and here it is: to simply open your heart up to this sacred space. Even by imagining we are opening our heart to our whole being, our God-Self, we will have dialled that 'number'. Then we are simply receptive to feel, hear, see or sense the presence and voice of our God-Self.

Now we are ready to start the dialogue with our Sacred Self.

We check in within, by asking ourselves if there is anything that we would dearly love to ask, or if there is anything that we feel uncomfortable about in our lives, such as:

  • "Do I have fear in my being?"
  • "How can I transform it?"

Another excellent question would be to ask our Spirit the question:

  • "If there was some information about me that would turn my life around in this moment what would that be, I wonder?"

Once you've put your questions to your God-Self, simply notice whatever arises for your answer.

Sometimes it's like a ripple through your body, sometimes you get a flash of inspiration or an image that catches your breath, or you hear words that resonate with your being and may even make you shake with their impact. And other times it is far more subtle; a feeling that floats up, like a whisper from an angel.

Pay close attention to whatever comes up immediately in your awareness, that is, before you may start censoring your guidance through logic, or ridicule. Whatever comes through is perfect for you. It is like channelling your own higher wisdom.

And the more you converse like this in faith and trust of your Spirit, the more you will fine tune your meditation and channeling skills. Just like an athlete, or learning any other skill, with practice you are honing your way to developing your own meditative power, insight and genius.

As soon as you bring your awareness back to your surroundings, write down your discoveries in your scared journal, and they will further mature. And to really rev up the power of your own inspiration and guidance, immediately start to apply and play with your ideas in your life.

Use your imagination for how you can develop your meditative practices in a way that works for you. For example, whilst in my bath or shower, I love to use the warmth, steam and scintillating scents of essential oils to source and flex my spirit.

Combining walking or other suitable exercise with meditation can not only work wonders for your body, but also free our mind of our daily tormentors and open an especially clear channel for guidance. This stunning duo creates alchemy and so we enter the gateway into the heavenly realm of our peace and serenity.


May I take you on a walk with me right now?


We begin our spiritual walk at a nice steady lope, planting the earth with footsteps of love accompanied to the pad... pad... pad of our feet.

As we stride out, we take nice deep invigorating breathes and begin our meditation by letting go of mundane, repetitive thoughts, i.e. our tormentors, through the power of our imagination and a clear intent and desire to make the connection. We are imagining breathing in love, joy and light, with every step we take!

And now, again, we dial that number, by imagining we are opening our heart, our being, our senses to Nature and our world around us and to our God-Self .

Then we are simply receptive to our own questions and to receiving our answers throughout our walk.

To deepen the dialogue let us now step up the momentum by accompanying our spiritual walk with a potent phrase, statement and affirmation that will uplift us, make us feel invincible and totally loved, such as;

We are breathing in the light, breathing in the light.
We are leaving love in our wake,
We are leaving love in our wake.


Repeating, singing, even chanting these to the heavens with an open heart takes us into the zone of love and ecstasy - the heart of our light. And our spirit begins to lift as the mists of our melancholy dissipate; we gain altitude and attitude!

We are bringing our ideal state into the present; and thereby dissipating any stress we may be feeling.

We start to experience a wonderful sense of lightness pervading our being; our world starts to dazzle our senses as we glide along in our sojourn into the sun.

We have dialled the number, our call is answered and all we have to do is engage in the dialogue.


You will develop your own approaches; for example, I love to walk and swing to the rhythm of chanting: “I am love and I am here. I am love and I am here.” And so in my own walking meditation, as I dance along the edge of the ocean where the sky plays with the sea and kisses the sand, I am marching and striding out to this magical mantra.


As I continue to move to its rhythm and walk to the beat of my heart in playful synergy, I find myself drinking in the sunlight and breathing in the light. My steps become bold, as I scurry up the mountainous sand dunes to reach for the peak of my quest into the heart of my soul and light.

Taking deep breaths, I keep the momentum going as I descend back down to skirt around the estuary on the home route: “I am here and I am light.”

And now I feel like I am tap dancing on the pavement, just as the sun hits the water and the estuary shimmers like a million diamonds.

Suddenly, I am illuminated without and within; caught in the spotlight of that wonder. I have been enlightened; I have accessed amazing peace and ecstasy and found solution to my concerns.
As if to echo my jubilation, a seagull cries in ecstasy.

Truly, I am light and I am love!


And so, dear friend, using the joy of meditation to open your heart to your own guidance is like having the phone number of God.

And then, as we live out the joy, peace, inspiration and the infallible guidance received in our daily meditative practice, our lives, even our challenges become infused with that light, power, joy and wonder!

In our joy,

Leela
Loveandinsight.com (my main website: healing, courses, resources)
KeysofAscension.com (FREE Personal Ascension video and attunement!)
Please spread the word! Click to bookmark:

4 comments:

jood said...

its my experience too...and i find more and more delishous ways of meditating..so washing the pots, bathing , driving, locking the doors..in fact everything become a joy , a wonderful time to "dial up god" imagine being on the phone to god all the time..thats what its like...and imagine the result of being immersed in god so often...imagine!
thankyou leela for your constand inspiration and joy
all love and blessings
jood

Leela Jamieson said...

Hi Jood,

Thanks for your inspiration and joy!

Let's create together a life of living in constant meditation and light in tune with the whole of our life.

In our Love,

Leela

Neil Howard King said...

Hey Leela!

Not a comment, rather a question if I may.
"God" or whatever is the preferable name for the indefinable... is omnipotent, omniscient, omnipresent etc...yes?
So then EVERYTHING is God, of course including every thought, word, action that ever was, is and will be.
So, why the need to quiet "God" at all? Such as in the popular belief that the "mind" should be quietened for clarity etc.
If all is "God," how can there be such a thing as a "bad" thought for example - if it is "God" then it is perfect - as is everything, true?

And one final thing, when are we NOT talking to "God" so that we would ever need to phone/contact "God" at all? Wouldn't this need (to "contact" God), require first the belief that you are separated from "God" in the first place?

Many thanks,

Love is the Answer

Leela Jamieson said...

Hello Kingy,

Awesome questions ! Thank you.

Yes! And Yes! And Yes! To All Your Questions. And I Agree that everything is God, including ourselves, our thoughts, events etc And that the need to quieten is not so much to stop the so called negative thoughts, but also to allow in our Godly Guidance to help us use whatever we are thinking or feeling to take us into our light, love and truth.

And I have used the metaphor of dialling up to to God because most people that I have come across,do feel some degree of separation from their God and God Selves.. and so I have used the idea of meditation, and metaphor of dialling and making contact as a way that helps some to bridge the gap ..And make the re- connection.

All in Light and Love,

Thank you for your wonderful Questions, for they have clarified for me how Awesome we All are.